This recipe was adapted from Naive Cook Books. It is really, really good and so easy to make. It is quite a bit spicy so if you don’t like the heat, cut back on the pepper.
Blackened Spice Mix:
- 3 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 pound tilapia filets, rinsed
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- salt and pepper, optional
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- All all the spices in a bowl and mix. Taste and adjust if necessary.
- Line your baking sheet to your preference. I use my own oil in a spray bottle but you can spray with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Brush fish with butter and generously rub seasonings on both sides.
- Brush the zucchini with the remaining butter and season with salt & pepper if desired.
- Distribute the zucchini in the empty space around the fish on the sheet pan.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Flip tilapia after 7 minutes and cook for another 7 minutes for the other side.
- You will know the fish is cooked because it will turn white inside and will be soft and flaky.
Yield: 2-3 servings