Quick and easy, you’re going to love this one. I used andouille sausage because I like things a little spicy.
- 1 pound medium-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound of sausage, sliced
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- Olive oil or coconut oil
- Optional garnish: chopped parsley
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with some olive or coconut oil.
- Season shrimp with Old Bay Seasoning.
- Cook shrimp about 3-4 minutes until opaque – remove and set aside.
- Cook onions and bell peppers in skillet with 2 tablespoons of oil for about 2 minutes.
- Add sausage and zucchini to the skillet and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Put cooked shrimp back into skillet along with the garlic and cook everything for about 1 minute.
- Pour chicken stock into pan and mix through to moisten everything.
- Add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Remove from heat, garnish with parsley and serve hot.
Yields: About 4 servings.
Yummy for your Tummy, I say!