I used to bake all the time but when I got into main dish recipes, I kind of quit baking. Then whenever we’d have a get together, someone else baked the desserts. I’m now planning to combine all that I do, my gift shop business, photography and my love for cooking and entertaining into one and open a Bed and Breakfast. We’re on a 5 year plan to make it happen so I’ll keep you posted. In the meantime, you’ll get to enjoy some sweet treats along the way as I get back into practice with baking.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, if you like.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the peanut butter, butter, sugar and brown sugar. Beat together until smooth and creamy, best if using a stand mixer or hand mixer.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and continue to mix until well combined.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture and mix until well combined.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and roll in white granulated sugar and place onto baking sheet.
- Using a fork, press down on each ball of dough to slightly flatten and create a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
These keep well for a couple of days in an airtight container.
Yield: About 30 cookies