Browned honey garlic shrimp with tender broccoli….a super easy dinner that packs a wallop of flavor with simple, common ingredients. And I have to say this was very delicious.
Servings: 4 Prep: 5 minutes Cook: 15 minutes Passive Time: 1 hour
- 1 lb shrimp; uncooked, medium size, shelled and deveined
- 2 tsp garlic; minced
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli
- jasmine rice
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic, ginger, honey and soy sauce.
- Place raw shrimp in a large zip lock bag. Pour 1/3 of the honey soy sauce in the bag, then massage the bag to coat shrimp. Seal bag and let shrimp marinate in the fridge for 1 hour. Keep the remaining honey soy sauce covered and at room temp.
- Warm a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 tbsp of reserved honey soy sauce to pan and let heat until steaming. Toss broccoli in skillet and cook until warm and tender; about 5-8 minutes. Remove broccoli from skillet and set aside.
- Remove shrimp from zip lock bag and place shrimp and marinade in the skillet and cook for 1 minute on each side or until shrimp bodies are curled and pink.
- Add broccoli back to the skillet and heat for 2-3 minutes, tossing to catch any remaining caramelized sauce on the bottom of the skillet.
- Serve immediately over rice and pour reaming honey soy sauce over it.
So, so Yummy for Yo Tummy!!!