Shrimp Fried Rice
This is so easy to make and Oh My Goodness is it yummy for your tummy and only about 348 calories.
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts, when you can find them
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 (10 oz) pkg frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Cook rice according to package and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet or wok for 2 minutes. When the skillet is hot, add oil, bean sprouts and onions. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes
- Toss in the shrimp and cook to just about pink, this won’t take long.
- Add in the rice and cook for another 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Mix in the green onions, peas and carrots, eggs, salt, pepper, soy sauce and sesame oil. Cook for another 4 minutes, stirring continuously, until the eggs are cooked.
Yields about 5 serving at 1 1/2 cups each.
Your tummy is gonna thank you.
OH MY! A friend took me out to lunch a couple of weeks ago to a restaurant I’d never been to before. I wasn’t sure what to get so I took the waitresses recommendation for their Avocado Tuna Salad. It was so good I just had to come home and make something similar.
It’s healthy and easy. The avocado is taking the place of the mayo so make sure that you pick a ripe one that will be easy to mash. Or, if you get unripe avocados, place them in a paper bag and it only takes a day or two and they’ll be ripe. It only takes about 10 minutes to prepare and it makes enough for about 2 sandwiches. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.
- 1 5 oz can tuna, drained
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper
- Roughly mash avocado in medium bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix with a fork, breaking up the tuna as you go.
- Mix until the ingredients are well blended.
I put it on a piece of toast with a bed of lettuce. This was about 1/2 cup of the tuna mixture.
Yummy for your Tummy