Adapted from Taste of Home’s Diet Comfort Food cookbook this is one of my faves. Only 217 calories. We love to eat this with southern skillet cornbread.
- 3 lb boneless pork loin
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 cans (15 oz) pork and beans
- 3 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Cut roast in half and place in 5 qt. slow cooker. You can also use pork shoulder roast. Top with onion.
- Combine beans, barbecue sauce, brown sugar and garlic powder in a large bowl. Pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast and shred with two forks. Return meat to slow cooker and heat through.
Yummy, Yummy for your tummy.
Here’s a good one. It’s hard to believe it’s 21 Day Fix Approved, but it is.
- 12 oz chicken tenderloin (9 strips)…I used chicken breasts and cut them into pieces
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Hot Sauce
- Combine garlic powder, paprika, chili powder and black pepper in a medium bowl. Season chicken with spices and toss to evenly coat the chicken.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet. Over medium-high heat saute chicken until center is no longer pink.
- Pour the hot sauce over the chicken, tossing well. Serve with celery sticks and carrots with either blue cheese dressing or ranch.
About 3 strips of tenders equals 1 Red and 1 tsp on the 21 Day Fix meal plan.