- 3/4 lb ground turkey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz) sweet corn, drained (or I used frozen corn)
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 8 fresh sweet red peppers
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
1. Was red peppers and slice them in half. Remove the stem and seeds. Place in your baking dish
2. In a large skillet, brown ground turkey until fully cooked. Drain. Return to skillet. Add cumin, salt, tomatoes, black beans and sweet corn. Simmer about 15 minutes.
3. Add cooked rice to skillet, combining completely. Remove from heat. Fill each red pepper with turkey mixture. Cover dish with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 40-45 minutes. Remove foil and top with cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes, until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and sprinkle with green onions. Serve and enjoy!